”Youth have ideas, promote them”.
Youth are active partners in the development process. Enabling them to translate their ideas into actions is our major task. Emphasizes on the civic awareness and civic issues, thus motivating and facilitating youth to act and take initiations and be informed on the issues of their concern.
”Youth Health matters, break the barrier”.
We work with youth towards Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights sensitization through grass-root activities and advocacy. Provides awareness and greater involvement of young people in response to the issues related sexual and reproductive health and rights.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are the global goals for sustainable development adopted by 193 member countries of United Nations on 2015, which envisions to shape up the world and make the world a better place to live in by 2030. YUWA is also working in awareness and implementation of SDGs solely and also in partnership.
”Self-employment is key to eradicate poverty”.
Promotes youth entrepreneurship and supports upcoming entrepreneurs towards self- sufficiency. We work with youth to foster their economic initiation and promote their innovation to help them become potential entrepreneurs.
YUWA is seeking expressions of interest from qualified candidates for the position of Communications Associate. The assignment is expected to commence in December 2018.
Placement: YUWA Office, Maharajgunj
Duration: 3 months (possibility of extension)
Deadline for submission: 24th November 2018
Send to: email@example.com
Established in 2009, YUWA is a registered not-for-profit, purely youth run and youth-led organization working to promote youth participation through empowerment and advocacy.
Who we are looking for
The Communications Associate leads YUWA’s intra and inter communication program and manages the implementation of the Communication Strategy. S/he ensures timely and appropriate communication to support YUWA’s activities and projects, in alignment with the strategic plan.
• Manage the content and coordinate YUWA’s communication platforms. This includes strategic planning and development of communications
• Updating activities of YUWA within 24 hours in social media sites
• Perform Intra and Inter Communication of Organization
• Handling of Internet, Telephone Calls, SMS Service
• Directing YUWA's Publications such as e-newsletter, monthly report, journals and blogs
• Develop, support and promote YUWA's goals, including message development, social media content creation and media outreach
• Expanding organizational horizon through attending in-house and out-house meetings
• Develop and disseminate public relations materials that increase visibility among stakeholders and relevant policymakers
• Work in close collaboration with Program Officer to plan and implementation of the programs and workshops
• Perform other duties as assigned by Office Supervisor
Bachelor’s students in relevant subject can apply.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills (both English and Nepali)
Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively
Working experience in the field of Communication is a plus
*Recent graduate or final year students are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Applications should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Communications Associate YUWA) with a motivation letter, CV and 1 reference article/blog of your own.
20 Apr, 2019
25 Nov, 2018
YUWA along with 'We' for Change. is coming up with an exciting and informative collaboration for the awareness of HIV testing. We are working with Ms. Malvika Subba to echo the information to the youth. Stay tuned and follow YUWA and We for Cha...Read More
What people say about us
One of the best organization in Nepal where youths can share their ideas and experiences in different platforms. My 3 weeks work in YUWA was a great experience. Best wishes to Yuwa for further endeavors!
YUWA is a platform of opportunities for youth to develop themselves both personally and professionally.
One of the best Youth organization of Nepal run by dynamic & intellectual personalities.